Up and Running Again

For a period of time some additions and updates will be made on the Voices blog. Your input is welcome if you would like to add or update information about yourself or about our Class of '63 friends. You can contact me, Nicki Wilcoxson, on Facebook by sending a message to me there. Your contributions are welcomed. January 17, 2012

Friday, January 29, 2010

A Snowy Kind of Day

On January 28 the snow fell and fell, and fell.  I think we have about 10 inches.  Thankfully we did not have a blizzard since the winds didn't blow hard enough!


In a previous post, I talked about how much fun it was to play in the snow, but not this time. We have been in the house for two days now, but warm and cozy and well fed since I made the obligatory rush to the grocery store to make sure we had plenty of groceries and then off to Pet Smart to get bird seed and cat food.  We can't wait to get out of the house hopefully tomorrow!  Enough is enough.  I need to work out; I need to go to a restaurant!  We need a 4X4!! 


 
White out from the front yard


Looking down the street today.





 After a couple of hours of shoveling and with the help of a friend, we managed to clear the snow off of the driveway, but a layer of ice remains.    At least we can escape the house if we want to.  Jim is holding the shovel!

 
We are so grateful that the ice spared our trees and that the Austrian Pine and all the rest are standing tall and snowy.



I had to clear a path to all the bird feeders.  I can see one tiny bird in the snow and a cardinal in the tree.  They love me!



The birds love the deck because there is cat food there and they love that, too.
They also love the rest from the weather from time to time.  This little fellow is sitting on the metal pumpkin frame from autumn.

 


I couldn't bear to knock the snow off of the back porch.  I love the puffy tops because they look like snow cones or icing on cupcakes.

The happiest one to see the snow go will be our cat Chloe.  She sits at the windows or doors looking very sad, because she loves it outside and she hates the snow and cold on her paws.

Is there life beyond our house and the backyard????  Did I not write this same post at the beginning of January???  This is really sad!  We need a vacation-a change of scenery-new topics for the blog........

No comments:

Post a Comment