Up and Running Again

For a period of time some additions and updates will be made on the Voices blog. Your input is welcome if you would like to add or update information about yourself or about our Class of '63 friends. You can contact me, Nicki Wilcoxson, on Facebook by sending a message to me there. Your contributions are welcomed. January 17, 2012

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Jim Smith: The Retiring Kind ....

We just received these pictures from Raenell of "house-hubby" Jim's recent retirement party. And don't miss Raenell's first post for Voices, "The Joys of Retirement" (just below). Enjoy!!!



Jim about to indulge his sweet tooth



The sweethearts ... Jim and Raenell on the dancefloor



Jim about to take the microphone at his retirement party

8 comments:

  1. You guys are still a handsome couple ... lookin' so good!!! And Raenell ... one of these days I'm gonna find that portrait you've got hidden in the attic.... (grin)

    Congrats to Jim and love to both....

    )O(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog today was GREAT! You did a great follow up to the earlier post regarding Jim Smith. Great pictures etc. The two blog entries tied together very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny, I am so happy you enjoy the blog ... and that you are such a regular reader. Thanks for your interest, and your feedback.

    For those who don't know Johnny, he is a dear friend I've had the great pleasure of knowing for the past few decades. He was formerly a top on-air personality (DJ) in the Houston market for many many years and still does radio work in diverse areas. I will be telling you more about Johnny and how to access one of his current endeavors (via Internet) ... spotlighting the great music of the '50s and 60s ... in my next post. There are lots of fantastic music to be heard there ... and I'll wager that you will not have heard a lot of them in a loooooong time. Look for the link to be posted soon....

    Thanks again for reading. Johnny ... you are so welcome on the blog ... and I am listening to Good Timin' '50s and 60s as I type....

    )O(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Johnny! That's so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raenell, Thanks for sharing your story and by letting us be there with your pictures. You and Jimmy look great as usual. It shows that love can last a lifetime. Best of luck with the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photos! You two really look awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raenell, you are my newest hero for jumping in the blog stew. You are a perfect complement to Jennifer's spices and Nicki's meat & potatoes. You've given me more courage to stick my toes in.

    And, thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clara, I am sure your upcoming contribution to our "potluck" will be an absolutely delectable dish. I so look forward to it ... sans toes, of course.... (grin)

    )O(

    ReplyDelete