Up and Running Again

For a period of time some additions and updates will be made on the Voices blog. Your input is welcome if you would like to add or update information about yourself or about our Class of '63 friends. You can contact me, Nicki Wilcoxson, on Facebook by sending a message to me there. Your contributions are welcomed. January 17, 2012

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Titles

Written by
Clara Robinson Meek



I'm making some progress regarding my blogphobia. However, here it is, my turn again and I seem to be blogless in Boerne. One of my earlier reasons for procrastination was lack of titles.

How silly! Inspiration is all around me. Titles are now hurling themselves at me, practically attacking me. Following are a few examples.

I got out of the shower this morning, stumbled to the lav, looked in the mirror........... Title: My Mother Never Told Me I Was The Adopted Sister of Jack Nicholson

I ran an errand, got cut off in traffic by someone juggling food, drink, phone, and want ads............. Title: Seriously, Are There Any Sane Drivers?

My practically brand new computer freezes, AGAIN............... Title: I Was Lead to Believe that Apples Came from God

No one responds to my cheery, lilting "Hello" on the walking trail......... Title: Do I Look that Scary?

It is mid morning and I realize I haven't eaten breakfast, my resolution for a healthier me.......... Title: Leftover Stirfry: Its Not Just for Lunch

I'm in my closet trying to get dressed for a 2 o'clock appointment................. Title: Total Chaos Can Play Havoc with a Tight Schedule

Today I notice in my computer class that I'm the youngest student. I ROCK!............. Title: I'm Too Sexy for my Computer

Don is tilling his garden.............. Title: From Three Piece Suits to Dirt

There is a phone message. My Tai Chi class has been canceled AGAIN............... Title: I May Never Learn BUDDHA'S WARRIOR ATTENDANT POUNDS MORTAR

Is it dinner time already?.............. Title: Dining Goes Eclectic or Don't Ask, Just Eat

One last check of Face Book before bed............ Title: Face Book Addiction--It Could Happen to You.

Do you see what I'm saying? Life IS a title just waiting to be written. So, please, someone out there grab a few of mine and get after it!

Next time I may try to tackle content.

3 comments:

  1. Clara, I love your titles!!! (I can really relate to the "Jack Nicholson" one and a few others.... I look forward to seeing you (and perhaps others?) pick up the "Titles" and run (or blog) with them....

    The "Leftover Stirfry" reminds me of Texas Tech ... eating cold pizza from Little Italy for breakfast.... What unhealthy lifestyle??? (grin)

    I do love your wit, and your observations, and look forward to reading more from you. And ... it was great to chat yesterday and this morning....

    )O(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara,

    You always make me laugh! I can't wait to hear more of whatever you decide to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thought provoking. Now, thanks to you, everytime I look in the mirror, I will see Jack's adopted sister! LOL!!!!!
    There are day, let me tell you, that I just don't recognize that person in the mirror.

    As for your titles, you have just written our first book! Now all we have to do is fill in the blanks.

    Great post. Enjoyable, as usual.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete