Up and Running Again

For a period of time some additions and updates will be made on the Voices blog. Your input is welcome if you would like to add or update information about yourself or about our Class of '63 friends. You can contact me, Nicki Wilcoxson, on Facebook by sending a message to me there. Your contributions are welcomed. January 17, 2012

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy Valentine Day

Written by Clara Robinson Meek


What? This isn't February?

How time flies. Okay, so I'm a little late. My intentions in February were noble. I KNOW I had an idea in February. I probably sat down at the computer, heard the dryer buzzer, and the rest is self
explanatory-------senior moments.

Back to Valentine Day. We all remember the anticipation. We were all conditioned by the age of 6 to get really excited about this day, forming unrealistic expectations from the get-go.

How many years of our lives are spent wondering what kind of flowers you'll get, will there be chocolates, what special thing can I do for my significant other? When the day arrives, you may have thoughts you aren't proud of-----------he spent too much on a bunch of wilted greenery------what happened to that silver bracelet I talked about incessantly for the entire month of January?---------he really hates the potted cactus I got him-------what's so special about dinner at Furr's Cafeteria?



After 41 years of marriage, I think we may have matured a little. This last Valentine Day was the most perfect one of all.















I received a heart shaped rock found on one of our walks along Cibolo Creek. PERFECT! I view that rock as one of my most cherished objects.














I baked a perfect mincemeat pie for my guy.

The pie is usually a Christmastime treat. It didn't make the menu due to dessert overload. So, it was a nice surprise to receive on Valentine Day.

He loved it.



Less can be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment